Whats up Ninjas!

READ MY ZLOG?...

CHECKOUT EVERYTHING

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

10:44 AM 0





I did a Juice fast last week for 4 days.  I had the mean green Juice recipe, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  That I got off of Mean Green Juice Recipe

1 Cucumber
4 Sticks of Celery
6 Leaves of Kale
2 Large Apples
1/2 Lemon
1in of Ginger


I found that I was craving food even though I felt full.  Just the act of eating was getting to me.  I don't know why I started the fast, I guess I just wanted to see if I could do one.  I didn't do it very long granted.  However I did experience what it was like it, and it wasn't that bad.  I could of kept going, I just wanted to eat Korean food.  So I did and it was yum.


I used a Breville fountain juicer, and it did just fine.  The whole act of juicing took about 3 minutes, there wasn't much prep other than slicing the apples into quarters and the lemon in half.  Other than that it took no time to throw the products into the juicer and make about 4 cups of juice which was more then filling.  Over all taste was grassy with a hint of lemon.  Tasted pretty good I thought.

Cost per day was 17.75 using produce from Publix, which is less then I would normally spend a day eating just lunch and dinner.

I found myself waking up very early in the morning without an alarm clock and no grogginess.  Was kinda nice, I also remembered my dreams.  I had a bit of a headache on day 3, could of been from caffeine withdraws or my cigarettes.

It's been 2 days now that I've started eating solid foods and I feel lighter and I haven't had any caffeine.  My normal caffeine intake is about 2-3 diet cokes a day.

I'll do a longer juice fast in two months i'll try to do 15 days.  BYE!

0 comments